It has been widely acknowledged that while higher education teaching staff are experts and specialists in their discipline or field, these staff are often in need of professional development in areas of teaching, learning and assessment, to give them a fully rounded profile for teaching in higher education.
Institutions are also required, through quality assessment standards, to ensure that their teaching staff is well equipped for teaching, learning and assessment.
Learning Matrix offers support for teaching, learning and assessment in the form of:
- Academic staff development workshops related to teaching and learning, and assessment methods
- Development of learning materials
- Assessment and moderation planning, implementation and review
Academic staff development courses and workshops can be customised to the specific needs of the institution and its staff.
These are just some of the many courses that are available:
- Curriculum development
- Assessment and moderation
- Introduction to quality management
- Quality management: beyond the basics
- Preparing for accreditation
- Research ethics
- Supervising doctoral studies
- Gathering and presenting institutional data
All courses and workshops are outcomes-based and are conducted over one to four days. Participants can be awarded either a certificate of participation or a certificate of competence, which includes an assessment. Courses will be listed on various National Qualifications Frameworks.